Project duration: 01/01/2018 – 31/12/2018
Programme: Audience development – Film literacy (Creative Europe – MEDIA subprogramme)
Partners: Fondazione Cineteca di Bologna (Co-ordinator), EYE FIlmmuseum (Amsterdam), Cinemathèque Royale de Belgique (Brussels), Deutsches Film Institut (Frankfurt), Les enfants de cinema (Paris), Association des Cinémathèque Européennes (Brussels)
FLICK (Film Literacy InCubator Klub) is a project co-financed by the Creative Europe / MEDIA programme, in the frame of the Film Education strand. FLICK is developed by Fondazione Cineteca di Bologna, EYE FIlmmuseum (Amsterdam), Cinemathèque Royale de Belgique (Brussels), Deutsches Film Institut (Frankfurt), Les enfants de cinema (Paris), Association des Cinémathèque Européennes (Brussels). This group keeps the partnership alive after two years of ABCinema Project, trying to go a step forward into fostering Film Education acknowledgment as part of youngsters’ cultural heritage and horizon.
The aim of the project is to build up a platform (Klub) where different types of stakeholders involved in Film Education and Audience Development can work jointly, in order to increase the awareness of the importance of Film Education, of the chances connected with the availability of digital resources and tools in this field, the outreach and efficiency of actions linking European Film Heritage and Education. Facing new challenges, identified also thanks to the practices experienced in the frame of ABCinema Project, this project aims at highlighting new perspectives for the role of Film Education in school curricula.
In 2018 four international workshops and one round table have constitute the focus of the project:
– Film education in a digital world – tools and platforms, Bologna, March 26th, 2018
– Structures for film education outreach – training trainers, Brussels, CINEMATEK, April 27th, 2018
– Round table on Film Heritage and Film Education, Bologna, Il Cinema Ritrovato, June 28th, 2018
– Film education goes digital? Strategies and best practices in Germany and Europe, Frankfurt, September 21st, 2018
– Film Literacy Seminar: Exploring Visual Culture, Amsterdam, October 23rd, 2018
Fondazione Cineteca di Bologna – European project manager